About Me

Josh, Joey, Harlee Jo 13, Kodee Jae 9, Oaklee Jess 7 and Kohlton Jace 5. This is our family. We love to laugh and have fun. We love nature and the outdoors. We love to camp, fish, hunt, ride ATV's, all sports and working with animals. We thank the Lord everyday for the gift's we have received in our life. We have wonderful families who we love. We love where we live and all the friends we have. We couldn't have been more blessed.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Workmans Lake




July 18-19 2008
Well it was a little vacation for Josh and I. We decided that we would rough it for a night and go camping up in the High Uinta's by Cliff Lake, but not in the camper, in a TENT! Well I haven't been camping like that since young women's camp 15 years ago so I was really kinda nervous. Lions, Tigers and BEARS OH MY!!! Really more about bears. Well, let me explain how you get to Cliff Lake. If you were to leave our house you would go up to Paradise Lake on Mosby Mountian which is only about 45 minutes. You go past Paradise Lake about another 30 minutes- and park the truck, because the road is Reallllly rocky, so we then take the ranger crew all loaded with only the necessities, and drive for another 45 minutes on the rocky path and literally down a stream to Cliff. We set up camp and fished for a while. Come to find out I am not a natural at fly fishing, although I did catch a little fish after my thousandth time casting. Josh had caught one the first time he casted out- my thought was that's not fair, I gave up an hour into it. So we ended up back at camp and made our dinner, pork-n-beans right out of the can and cheddar waurst, over open fire. It was fun just being there with Josh and in peace and quiet. Well needless to say I froze my butt off! My $100 sleeping bag wasn't worth $15, but i survived. We woke up the next day and hiked 3 miles in to Workman Lake, named after Josh's Grandma Jeans' side of the family. Well, it wasn't that bad of a hike but I knew I would have to hike back out- wasn't looking forward to that. When we came on to Workman's Lake it was the most beautiful thing- you go into a meadow, it bends around and clears out to the Lake. When we were walking up to it we had noticed a cow moose at the other side of it getting ready to go into the lake, I guess they eat the moss at the bottom. Well just when she gets in, two bull moose come charging in and kick her out- go figure. Well we were only about 200 yards away and we had got closer to where we wanted to fish. It wasn't close enough for me. I had to sneak up on them closer and I was about 50 yards away and loving it- intense!! The fishing wasn't that great I think the fish had all winter killed or something. Josh just caught one little one and that was it. I didn't even try. The whole experience was amazing!! Loved it! It definitely was worth it. Josh and I had a great time. The hike back seemed to be forever- but we made it. I can really appreciate all of what God and Jesus has made for us, the beauty of this world goes unrecognized until you have experienced it for yourself. The feeling of being out there with only nature, it really is peaceful. Would do it again in a heartbeat and bring the kids along to witness and enjoy the outdoors as much as we do.

No comments: