About Me

Josh, Joey, Harlee Jo 13, Kodee Jae 9, Oaklee Jess 7 and Kohlton Jace 5. This is our family. We love to laugh and have fun. We love nature and the outdoors. We love to camp, fish, hunt, ride ATV's, all sports and working with animals. We thank the Lord everyday for the gift's we have received in our life. We have wonderful families who we love. We love where we live and all the friends we have. We couldn't have been more blessed.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dad- You're my Hero

Okay- so my Dad is my Hero, He has shown me with hard work and desire your dreams can come true. In August my Dad got to release the first buffalo back into the Bookcliffs -a life long dream in his profession and personal life. Well we couldn't be there for the first release and we couldn't be there for the second release which happened today, the roads out to the part of the Bookcliffs where they release them are too slick with mud and snow and I didn't think Josh would appreciate me trying to chain up the dually by myself. I would have ripped something up, and not just the road either. We did however catch up with my Dad on the side of the road so the kids could take a peek of the smaller buffalo that were being released today. These kind of experiences do something to my heart- to watch my kids experience some-what of what I grew up with, like from raising deer, antelope, elk and to go see the sleeping bear as it was waiting to get transported somewhere, or the release of the Mountain Goats in the High Unitas's. I just love to watch the kids' faces as they see these things happening and to have them know that their Grandpa had a major part in it. Just to see their Grandpa on the evening news is a big event at our house. They are all screaming and laughing and yelling there's Grandpa Mom- there's Grandpa Mom! Makes me melt. I am so Proud of my Dad and the things he has accomplished in his life professionally and spiritually. Thanks Dad for letting us take part in your dreams and in history!







4 comments:

Jaimie said...

What a beautiful post about your Dad. He is a great man. I loved reading this.

Wilde Family said...

Joey-much more beautiful than my post...we have the greatest Dad in the world! xoxo

Hartle Family 7 said...

What a great tribute to your dad. When I get a chance to look at everyone's blogs, yours are also so heartfelt. I can feel what you are trying to say.
Love, Jamee
PS--I have been to BB practice the last two times, and you haven't been there. :-)

Hartle Family 7 said...

My last comment was supposed to say...all so heartfelt. I was typing too fast!